JAJs blog

Friday, May 06, 2005

X marks the spot

So...to continue what I was saying yesterday...voting...

I stayed up till about 1.00am this morning watching the election results come in and laughing at the MP bickering around J.Paxman's table...it was great! I have decided that (as I have nothing better to do today (except work)) I will write to Eric Forth my new/old MP and comment on two things:

a) Why does it not tell you anywhere at elections what you are actually supposed to put into the boxes. I am not the only one confused by this apparently and it is obviously a very serious issue for first time voters (he he )

b) If it is such an anonymous voting system why do they transfer your personal code from the sheet they cross you off on...to the back of your voting card?? Technically someone could sit down and work out who everyone voted for. (thanks Chris for pointing this out to me)

Here I go...

Jess

ps. How amazing is e-bay...I spend far too much time on it looking at heffalump and pirate related things....it's great!

2 Comments:

  • Heffalump, Heffalump!

    By Blogger Chard, at 4:29 AM  

  • I said the same thing about the code to my mum the other day! It kind of breaches the whole anonymous thing doesn't it?
    Heffalump rules!!!

    By Blogger sophie, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home